Wednesday, October 29, 2008

And So It Begins...

The first pumpkin of the season has now been carved!!!
I picked out this design today because I thought this guy had a smashing grin.Matt then with his skillful non-arthritic hands carved my lil ghost pumpkin into a work of art! He's so good! I wish I could have helped.I can't wait to put him on the front porch to greet our trick or treaters.My co-workers got a little testy with me because I hadn't followed through on the week long Halloween celebration I had been planning for 4 months, so the past two nights I've been whipping together Halloween Brownies and tonight Halloween sugar cookies....I thought the Bride of Frankenstein was a good idea at first, but it turned bad soon after I finished the hair and tried to make a mouth.Then I thought a bat would top off my creations until I realized that I couldn't tell my bat apart from an owl....so I wrote "Bat" beneath my icing illustration and called it quits.Maybe no one will notice him in there and hopefully this will get my co-workers off my back!

Only 2 more days until Halloween! EEEEEEEE!!!!

2 comments:

Sonia @ My Sweet Monkey said...

great job! i give it a 10!

Kristi said...

The cookies are fabulous like always! And the bat is a great bat! Jack the pumpkin king will always be my favorite pumpkin carving you and matt have ever done!