Thursday, October 2, 2008

Annal Work Fair Day!

Today was my work's annual fair day and I was super excited for some reason this year.
I couldn't wait to see what kind of shirt Big Tex would be wearing and what kinds of nasty foods they would be serving!
Below our lovely pictures will tell of our trip...

Say hello to Big Tex! His voice was especially loud and clear this year. I think he had some work done.

Matt and my first picture together with Big Tex!

This year we made sure to make our first stop a visit to Elsie the Borden Milk cow since Matt has never seen her and was very disappointed he missed her last year.

He was so excited.
Elsie looked sad and it made me pretty sad. Then an old lady (it was senior citizens' day) came to me and told me she was sad for Elsie too. :o(
Our next stop was to the Old Mill Inn for my work dinner. Apparently Matt didn't get enough to eat...
My friend Dorothy once took a picture like this with her friends. I went into the car exhibit with the sole purpose of finding an unattended car and taking this picture. A crowd stirred as soon as I laid upon the ground. It was a little embarrassing.
Then when I saw this spot on the floor...something more had to be done. It was pretty funny until a rather large man wearing his pajama bottoms (perhaps that is all that fit after all his fried coke and twinkies?) appeared laughing and kept asking us to see our camera to review the picture again....creepy. I can't wait to carve my jack-o-lantern! This one was beautiful and huge! I was very impressed.
This year's fried food of choice for Matt: Oreos. Blek! I wasn't even tempted to try a bite.
After the fried food and a trip down the super slide, we headed to my favorite area! The Children's petting zoo. This giraffe liked Matt and Matt liked him.And here I am with my yearly friend. Everyone is scared of the ostriches, so I try and make up for it when I arrive. Poor little buggas. I love their eyes.Big Tex is the only cowboy for me.This is a statue of Anubis we saw while at the fair. It looked oddly familiar...Vienna, Austria-May 2008
I wonder if it was the same one and it came all the way out to have lunch with Big Tex....Behold Anubis and King Tut in the form of Butter! I can't eat butter, but I love looking at it when it looks like this! This is my favorite part. Getting Henna. It has absolutely nothing to do with the fair, it's just a booth there and I like this girl. She's good.

And finally The Texas Star! We didn't ride this year on account of it being so expensive, but we enjoyed watching it.
I already can't wait for next year!

No comments: