Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Halloween We'll Never Remember

This post should have been titled "The Halloween We'll Never Forget", but due to our camera battery dying as soon as we put the car into park upon arrival at the haunted house, we were unable to take a single picture of our frightful night.

I can't express my disappointment that for all these years, I've had a picture taken with a ghoul each year and this year, my collection will be blank! This is why I have a hard time keeping up with the times. Had we not gone digital, all I would have to do it crank my little camera a few times and it would be good to go until my film ran out! But my problem with modern technology is an entirely different post in itself, so I'll stop there.

Anyhow, last night we drove out to Waxahachie to visit "Screams" Halloween Theme Park for our first time. There we met up with 15-20 friends (All family of my friend Niki) and enjoyed all the festivities! It was very cold and since all the lines were so long (like longer than six flags long) our friend Nina treated us to our very first "Speed Pass"! And Holy Mite! I have never used one of these because they are too expensive, but it was so worth it! We would have never seen or done all we did without it! I really wanted to at least have a picture with our golden arm bands of power, but not even the camera phone could make it out in all the darkness. :o( We also have never gone anywhere in a large group of people like we did last night and that made it a lot more fun too! The more people we had, the more they were able to join in on the scaring and eventually, even Matt got scared (which is a very hard task in itself).

All our activities ended a little after 1 am and after the long drive we finally arrived home after 2:00, thus making us sleep until almost 1pm this afternoon and creating crazy wacked out dreams in my head that included Matt stealing a dead body and hiding it in our dresser....it was pretty intense.

I was a very fun night last night. I wish it wasn't going to be gone from my memory bank within a few months, but I guess it is what it is.
Perhaps I can coax some over aged trick or treater that comes to our door to take a picture with me this year in exchange for a few extra handfuls of candy. That way I'll have my ghoul picture and will at least not have an empty spot in my collection.

No comments: