Thursday, November 6, 2008

Moving, Amish Life, and Throbbing Pain

Well, we've moved to Plano and are still trying to find places to put everything. I don't know where all this stuff came from, but we've got so much crap all of a sudden!

So far we have no cable, internet, telephone, or sofa and that makes for a lot of nights spent sitting on the bed, reading books to each other and playing solitaire. It's almost like being Amish. I'm handling it okay, but Matt doesn't seem to be coping so well. Luckily Verizon fit us into their busy schedule and will set us up next Thursday and get us back to 2008. However, we're still without our Chofa and Chair until the 22nd, so the floor will still be our hangout.

On Monday I developed a very bad throbbing pain in the top right of my mouth. It was so bad, I didn't sleep the entire night. I thought it to be a tooth ache since it was near my gums, but after taking off work Tuesday and spending money we don't have at the Dentist taking x-rays and running tests, they could find nothing wrong. I spent another night without sleep, drinking 11 bottles of water (the cold water swishing in my mouth was the only thing that would numb the pain for a few seconds at a time), and peeing 1,000 times. The next day at work, the pain only grew worse and worse as I drink another 12 bottles of water for pain and peed probably 2,000 times. Finally that night I went to the doctor to see if it was some type of allergic reaction to the steroids, antibiotics for my sinus infection, or arthritic pain killers he had given me a few days prior. After quickly ruling that out, a head x-ray and more poking around, the doctor couldn't figure out where the pain was coming from either. Eventually he declared it a type a virus that was relative to bells palsy (without the paralyzing and numbness of course) and put me on a viral medicine. I also had my dad and Matt give me a blessing so that I could get some rest and I think that has helped a lot. So far I've only had 5 waters today!

We've taken pictures of our move and I wanted to post them, but since this connection is so SLOW, I'd never get them up. Hopefully I'll be able to post them next week and be able to show off our new dining room table. I'm especially proud of it and proud of all the building Matt did putting everything together. He's pretty handy!

More to come next week!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I almost chose this background for my layout but then went witht he turkeys. I'm sorry for your mouth pain, that is terrible. Sorry I haven't been in touch, I feel like a bad sister. Sorry I haven't been over to help you either...it is a lame excuse but 3 kids really keeps me busy! Let me know if you need any help this week