Sunday, November 9, 2008

Our New Ward

Today we attended our new ward here in Plano.

I still have my guard up; as I always do; but so far, so good! Everyone is SUPER nice and outgoing. I've never met so many people all at once and never had people line up in a line just to shake my hand. It was overwhelming! I almost felt like a celebrity or something, we couldn't move down the hallway because we were surrounded by people asking us questions.
There were a few people I recognized from my old ward I attended as a teenager and Matt even recognized a family he knew from Tyler. As we talked to people, there were a lot of connections made to other people we knew too.

Our biggest fear was separating from each other to go to priesthood and Relief Society, but when it came that time Matt found that his class gets cookies and I found 2 different people asking me to come and sit with with so that I wouldn't be by myself! I found a friend in a lady who urged me to sit on the back row with her so she could point out everyone and give me the scoop on each and every one of them, which was very helpful in helping me remember people and a lot of fun!

It was really nice being around people again who love their ward and who couldn't wait to come and tell you how great of a ward it was to be in. I haven't heard anyone say that since I was a kid and lived in Athens. I think we're going to like it here.

1 comment:

Sonia @ My Sweet Monkey said...

sounds like you'll be just fine in your new ward.