Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My 25th Birthday!

Yesterday was my 25th birthday. My family celebrated it with me on Friday night with a dinner and orange cake. It was very nice, but I got no pictures because I've been so sick that I was embarrassed to have my photo taken. Last night I made some exceptions though.
To begin I came home from work and changed into my new papaya colored cashmere sweater I got from J-crew. I've wanted a cashmere sweater my whole life and finally one went on a good enough sale for me to justify buying it for my birthday. It was SOOOO cozy.

After that we went to Mattito's in the Frisco square. I haven't been to a Mattito's in 8 years, so I was excited to try it again. However, I have no idea if it was good or not because I realized that my taste buds are gone from me being sick and I couldn't even taste the jalapenos I was eating.

I guess I'll have to try eating there again some time.

Frisco Square is always so pretty and lit up. I like it there.

After dinner we went to OrangeCup for some frozen yogurt mixed with orange juice and all the fixins!

My cup is on the right with züm yogurt, granola, strawberries, bananas, and kiwi! Matt's is on the left with natural frozen yogurt, fruity pebbles, chocolate chips, and strawberries. I think Matt may have missed the idea of a healthy dessert with a few of his topping choices.

I imagine this was really yummy too, but I'll have to give it a second go when I can taste again and want to attempt putting dairy in my body. I don't think Matt enjoyed it too much though. Not enough sugar probably. :o)

Matt's gift to me will be horseback riding on Saturday if the weather and my sickness permits it. I'm really excited for it because I haven't been a a couple of years and I enjoy it a lot. I was really proud of him listening to things I mention I like and making the effort to find such a nice place to ride horses. It made for a very nice 25th birthday.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Yea you are so lucky to live in the nice part of town with all the schmancy resaurants and froyo places. That is totally fun. Your sweater is cute, I've always wanted one too but would never pay that amount. Maybe when I lose weight and it would actually look cute on my body then I could reward myself with one. That sounds like a super fun bday!