Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Happy Chinese New Year!

This year Matt and I celebrated Chinese New Year!
(We'll use any excuse to eat Chinese food.)
For our nightly entertainment, I chose "Shaolin Soccer", which is one of the silliest movies I've ever attempted to watch in my life. Six or Seven years ago I swore I'd never sit through another 15 minutes of it again...but I was grasping at straws trying to find entertainment and I'm positive I could not have made it through a Jackie Chan or Jet Li movie. (Been there, done that) This time around though, Matt and I made it through the entire movie and actually enjoyed it!
For our dining pleasure I cooked up a feast fit for an emperor! Steamed rice, chow mein (I know 2 starches....not so healthy), stir fried veggies, and some hot and sour soup!
I think Matt liked it.
Now that is over, I have to start preparing for Groundhog Day which is my 3 favorite holiday! Only one week to go!!!
Man I've got to get a life....

3 comments:

Rethsey said...

Tiffany- I found your blog on your sisters blog. It looks like you've been to some fun places. It's good to see you!

Lisa and Dan said...

sounds yummy. I can't usually eat chinese food because of the soy sauce. Most places use soy sauce with wheat in it. Crazy...but I found out this christmas break while in San Antonio that PF Changs has a gluten-free menu! We ate there and it was so amazingly good. I should do more fun things like you (:

Kristi said...

Heavens woman, you are a cooking machine! Sweet and sour soup?!? That's fancy!