Monday, January 19, 2009

Martin Luther King Jr Day!

This day has never been anything special to me. I never got it off from school (I was home schooled) and now that I'm an adult, I don't get it off from work....yet a lot of other people do...and that just doesn't seem fair. It really pisses me off actually.
This year I tried to take a new approach to it all and not be so hostile about all those that had a lovely day off while I worked my fingers to the bone at my desk. I decided that we too would celebrate MLK day! Sure we worked all day....but we could still have some good ole SOUL FOOD at the end of the day, just like everyone else!
Below is a picture of the meal I prepared.

Cornbread, potatoes, Fickin, and of course....greens! And I made those greens all by myself! I didn't even get Glory's (see below) from a can like a few of my co-workers advised.

I was so proud of my soul food. And the best part of it all.....I got to swat at Matt with a wooden spoon each time he came into the kitchen and say stuff like, "booooooy, you better skat".

1 comment:

Sonia @ My Sweet Monkey said...

HAHAHAHA.... you are awesome. You're the only person I know who celebrates all holiday.. i love it!