Monday, September 1, 2008

A Boring Labor Day

Our Labor Day Weekend was pretty uneventful, but we tried getting out and doing a few things.
Saturday morning we got up bright and early to go to First Monday in Canton to pick up a few Halloween decorations.
Unfortunately after all of our searching in the hot, hot sun, we only found one decoration worth purchasing. :o( BUT, Matt found a Philly Cheese Steak sandwich which he surely enjoyed.
MMMM!
Monday afternoon we hopped in the car with our kites and Tucker and headed out to the lake to fly our kites.
Tucker was pretty anxious to arrive at our destination.
Matt preparing his kite.
My Penguin kite.Ta-da!
Matt's kite is a little cooler than my penguin.
Tucker decided after 5 minutes of being there that he was tired of being on the ground, tired of the heat, tired of being ignored, and tired of me giving my attention to my kite. Therefore he began jumping on me over and over again until I crashed my kite.As you can see I gave in and spent the rest of our time at the park holding Tucker.This is Tucker after being in the sun for 5 minutes.
We were all happy to get back in the car and use the A/C again.

2 comments:

The Ketchup Queen said...

Yah girl and I said Who-ha and the people in my group acted like they had never heard it. Actually there were several that I said that they had never heard of. Man I drove threw Canton on Sunday going to moms and I was bummed cause I missed it. I want to open a food stand and make some mooooo-lah out there, selling GREASE! :) HA!

Kristi said...

Glad that Matt went with you to Canton, sorry I couldn't go :( He looks so cute in his NY hat! That penguin kite is super cool too!