Saturday, September 20, 2008

Oktoberfest Time!

One thing that I'd love to do before I die is visit Oktoberfest in Munich. The Chipmunks made it seem like so much fun in "The Chipmunk Adventure"!
Since we've already been to Munich this year and it wasn't at Oktoberfest time, we definitely missed out. BUT, we tried to make it up by visiting Addison's Oktoberfest today!However, since it was blazing hot outside and I found myself sweating in places I didn't know I could....it hardly felt like Munich or October. The Addison Oktoberfest has an annual dachshund parade each year, but it is always on Sunday while we're at church and we never can attend and bring out our little schnitzel Tucker. :o(
This makes tucker especially sad because I know he has always wanted me to dress him up like this:
Poor fella was just heartbroken...
Instead though, this year we took pictures with this guy as we entered the park!

It totally made up for us not having tucker with us! It looks just like him....x100 in size of course! Matt loves dachshunds.

As we entered the Bier Garten, there wasn't much for 2 Mormons to enjoy except some fine yodeling and lovely oompa music. I only wish we had the money to buy me a derndl (I really wanted one of these when we went on vacation, but they were like 300 euro!) and Matt an alpine hat. We would have looked smashing if I do say so myself.

For our German dining pleasure, I ate a pretzel (which was nothing close to a true German bretzn, but once you've had the real thing, it's hard to have substitutes) and Matt had sausage, potatoes, kraut, and a kaiser roll. And for dessert? Strudel of course!

Good times!

2 comments:

The Ketchup Queen said...

Matt's plate looks gross!

Miffany said...

You should never attempt dining at a German restaurant then. lol