Saturday, July 12, 2008

A Delicious F-L-T Just for Me!

So yesterday at work we had a "Team Building" activity instead of working. We all met at 11:00am and went to 300 for a day of bowling, pool, and eating.

As always the food was catered in and picked by the head honcho of us all. Unfortunately our head honcho happens to be from Australia and since coming to the states has become a big fan of "Texas BBQ", cowboy boots, and all things western.

After having missed many, many meals because of not knowing it was going to be BBQ at our meetings and not preparing a backup lunch; I wised up and stuck a F-L-T sandwich in my purse and headed off to the "bowl-a-rama" yesterday.

Sure enough, when I arrived, there was the bbq. So, out came my sandwich and I ate myself a delicious and filling meal! It pays to be prepared!

However, when others saw what I was enjoying they became jealous! They wanted my Fakon, Lettuce, and Tomato sandwich!

I explained to them why I had it with me, and they kept pestering me and pestering me that it wasn't fair that they had to eat the nasty bbq while I got a nice sandwich.

Well, I don't think it's very fair that I've gone hungry for the past several meetings while they all sucked the pork off ribs like a bunch of cavemen and made me want to puke on an empty stomach!

Why does everyone always have to hate on the vegan???

No comments: