Sunday, June 29, 2008

My 1st Carnival!

Tonight I went to my very first carnival. I have always wanted to go to one, but my dad always said when we were growing up that we couldn't due to the rides being "thrown together too fast."

He's probably very right about that, however, tonight was the night for me to use my adulthood and make my own decision on going....so we went!








We didn't get to the carnival until after 10pm since Matt had been working on his car, so we immediately made the ferris wheel our first stop so that we could watch the fireworks from up high!

You'll notice that Matt looks like he went a catholic church for ash wednesday in this picture because he didn't have time to wash up before meeting me here. Poor guy.


Our next stop was a fun house. I have to say it was a pretty lame fun house. It had a few mirrors and a maze of glass walls that we stumbled through...but that was pretty much it.






This is us climbing the stairs to get to the "hall o mirrors" before we had to slide down a slide to exit.




After going through the fun house, Matt said to make my experience complete, we had to play a game. He suggested the water gun game because we were sure to get a prize since no one else was playing. Between he and I, I won and scored this nifty little Tin Man from The Wizard of Oz. I was very proud of it.


In all I'd have to say that I really enjoyed my first carnival experience. I just wished I had found some cotton candy on a stick. Perhaps there will be a next time for that...








1 comment:

Eldredge's said...

Looks like you guys had fun! My favorite part of a carnival is all the food, so I eat while Josh is on all he rides.