Friday, June 13, 2008

Ich liebe meinen fernseher

One of my favorite things to do in Europe is watch television.

I know what you're thinking, "What kind of person goes to Europe and sits in the hotel watching television?"

Well, the type of person who tries to save a buck on hotels and sometimes ends up in a not so nice part of town that you wouldn't want to be out and about in after the sun goes down is who watches television in Europe.

Each evening after my shower in Italy I would turn on the television, (which was normally tiny, black and white, and so small you had to set a chair in front of it to be close enough to see what was playing) and experience a little bit of what Italians watch. However, I found that the only thing that kept my interest in Italy was the Japanese channel called "Sushi TV". It was greatness and sparked my love for Japanese game shows.

On our last trip to Germany though, I found a new love! It was the love of their commercials. I found myself looking forward to getting back to the hotel just to see the commercials. They're hilarious! America could never get away with some of the commercials they have and probably could never think them up either. Some of them are so clever!

Anyhow, yesterday I received an email with this commercial in it and it reminded me of just how much I miss watching television in Germany. I hope you think this guy's laugh is as funny as I do.

No comments: