Friday, May 1, 2009

Lottery Ticket Virgin

Yesterday I received a lottery ticket chain letter in the mail from my field office friend Kristin.
To my surprise, Matt had never in his 30 years of life scratched off a lottery ticket! So needless to say, the arrival of this little piece of silver coated cardstock excited him.
Since I was no stranger to lottery tickets, I let him have the honors and documented it just in case he won so I could get his reaction.
(And yes I know I shouldn't be a pro at lottery tickets, but when I was 19 my friend and I went through a brief gambling rebellion which included a lot of BINGO, online sports betting, and scratch off tickets...it was a lot of wasted money...but at least it was his money and not mine. lol)
First Scratch"Holy cow...did I win $1,000.00?"

And finally the results: $2.00! Congratulations Sweetie...now we can use it to go buy 2 more tickets. :o)

3 comments:

beckylbranch said...

I got this chain letter from a friend like a month ago...it's on my blog...I won a DOLLAR! Whoopie!!! It's fun, I played along so far have not got any back in return :(

The Ketchup Queen said...

I got this same letter I still have it on my desk with the un-scratched ticket because I keep saying i will scratch it when I send off the rest. It has been way past the 6 days. Soon you will get one from me and then Matt can scratch again!
I bought a lotto ticket on my dads birthday as a tribute to him cause he loved to gamble. I got the black jack one cause he taught me that game when I was little, and I won NOTHING!
P.S. Congrats on the 2 years!

Kristi said...

Nathan got this too, hahahaha! He asked me to 'take care of it for him' so I went out and bought 2 tickets, but was confused because I was supposed to buy like 6! I never went back for the others...oh well. I don't think Nathan won anything.

This song about being a lobsterman's wife is kinda quirky!

You know all the most interesting and fun songs!