Sunday, May 31, 2009

An I35 Adventure!

I finally got to go to Willie Nelson's Truck Stop!
I've wanted to go to this place ever since Matt and I watched a Truck Stop Special on the Travel Channel one night when nothing else was on. However, our last attempts to visit this stop were unsuccessful because they were remodeling for a looong time! I'm so glad that the construction is over and Willie's stop was ready for me!
I'm crazy over Willie!
(Not a big fan of his music...just of his work for Animal Rights)
A Willie Nelson Record Purse that couldn't hold anything...but was neat to look at!
Willie's Smokin' Guitar collection...pun intended.

Willie's Stage!
It's Willie and the boys! You can also see my cowboy boots that I wore especially for this occasion!
These frogs were outside of Willie's Restaurant/Honky Tonk. There were also a ton of motorcycles outside parked in a row that made me want to tip them over like dominoes just like PeeWee Herman did in "PeeWee's Big Adventure"...but I figured in real life I couldn't dance around and get myself out of the pickle that would have put me in...so I held back from the temptation.
As a souvenir, I got a feather shaped sucker which turned out to be delicious! It was great!

No comments: