Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day at Sandy Lake Park

For Memorial Day we decided to go with my parents, niece, and nephew to my dad's annual Local 100 Union Picnic at Sandy Lake Park.
This park is like the park that time forgot. I think everything is in the same place and painted the exact way as it was when I was last there in the early 90's. It was crazy!
As soon as we arrived we promptly grabbed our ride tickets and went to mingle with all the interesting characters that one finds at a union picnic.
Kennedy has her stash!
Chandler awaiting one of 4 rides he took on the bumper cars.
All strapped in and ready to rumble!
And then on to "The Scrambler" we went! Chandler was really digging this ride once I told him it was my favorite when I was his age.
Enjoying the breeze.
Then Chandler and I took a ride without Uncle Matt on the "Tilt-o-whirl"!
This ride brought lots of laughs.
Then we met up with Kennedy again for some "Space Adventures"
Chandler was a really good sport for riding in the girly, purple spaceship.
And then we talked Chan-man into the most vomit provoking ride of them all..."The Spider"!
After this...Chandler needed to let his stomach settle. Poor guy.
While letting it settle we played a LOT of the traditional Bingo they put on after feeding everyone BBQ...yet we only won a lunch box and a cap. Matt was pretty bummed we weren't leaving with a big screen television or gift card, but it was fun playing anyhow.
We ended our day by riding the "Little Dipper" which should have been called, "Little Back Breaker" with Chandler and then letting him attempt a ride on "The Scrambler" all by himself.
And he did alright! We were very proud of Chan-man and very happy we got to spend some quality time with the kids.

2 comments:

Sonia @ My Sweet Monkey said...

How fun! I remember Sandy Lake but I don't remember all of those fun rides

The Ketchup Queen said...

OH my I went there in 6th grade with band! ha! Your funny "little back breaker" Looks like you guys had a fun time.