Sunday, December 21, 2008

It's Hanukkah Time!

Okay, okay now I know we're not Jewish and Judaism couldn't be farther off from our belief system...but that can't help Hanukkah from coming in as my 3rd and final very favorite holiday!!!

Before I show post pictures tonight from our most excellent Hanukkah party that will begin at sun down. I would like to first explain why this holiday ranks as my 3rd favorite holiday.

1) Christmas is one night...and then its over! All the fuss, shopping, and stress and in one 24 hour period its over and all that work you did barely gets remembered! That's a silly in my opinion. However, the celebration of Hanukkah is filled with not 1, not 2, but 8 crazy, fun filled nights! That's 8 parties in a row! Who can argue with that?!

2) Kosher Food. Kosher food is a friend to me! I am totally down with their beliefs on a lot of food and them not using the same oven/grill that cooked dirty meat to cook their own food. If meat ever makes it into my house, there will be separate knives meant for that so that I never use that same knife for my food. This is why my parents kitchen always had my utensils...and their utensils.

3) The Chahunaka Song! Everyone loves it!

4) Yiddish and Hebrew words! Not only do they sound cool, they're fun to say! "Yarmulke"..."Menorah"....you can't help but smile as you hear them!

5) These guys. Because they're super nice in the grocery store.

6) And for no reason whatsoever besides the fact that this cracked me up when I ran across it looking for a picture of a rabbi...this picture of a cat in a yarmulke makes me love Hanukkah that much more. Ha!

I love this blue and white holiday!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Your fascination with Hannukah has always interested me. I think the only thing I like about it is the Hannukah song, haha! But you go on with your 8 crazy nights!

Kristi said...

I think the hannukah song might go down as my favorite song of all time. I don't think I smile more than I do when I listen to it. Plus Adam Sandler is just plain HOT!