Sunday, August 17, 2008

I Love Playmobil, Halloween, AND eBay.co.uk!

I love Halloween! I know it's a few months away, but I'm already getting in the spirit of it!

Recently while in Toys 'R' Us looking for Sea Monkeys (Matt and I grew Sea Monkeys for FHE, the closest things to babies we'll be making for a few years), I regrettably passed the Playmobil section.
I haven't told many people this, but I have an obsession with Playmobil. Granted, I only had one figurine as a child and it was of a crappy looking little Indian man in an orange dress; I always longed for more, but my parents had already started me collecting something different and that turned out to be a lot of fun too.
Anyhow, what I love about playmobil is that they basically have every life situation covered in figurine form! Who thinks of these things?! I urge anyone who hasn't ever checked out their products to definitely do so. They have pieces right down to construction sites with porta potties, vending machines, vultures eating animal carcasses (for the stranded in a desert scenarios one might make up while playing), hospital ORs, Babies in incubators, a metro sexual living room, and the list goes on! It's nuts!

Seeing the tiny selection that Toys 'R' Us had made me immediately go home and see what their site had for this season and what I found was that Playmobil also has holiday stuff! I found a nativity that was way too cool for words and on top of that, I found Halloween figurines! The only crappy part was that they weren't available in the states! Man!

But, with a few clicks through the UK's ebay, I found the entire set and won those puppies for only £16.00! It was way cheaper than the rest of the stingy Brits that were selling their sets piece by piece.
I am SO proud and can't wait to display my Playmobil ghouls!

No comments: