Friday, August 29, 2008

Hairy Scary

I remember as a teenager going to get my haircut and how great it would look the day that the hair stylist fixed it, but when it came time for me to do it the next day, how horrible it would look. I remember getting so frustrated, pink in the face, and sweaty and how I'd start crying thus making all my hair stick to my face as I'd run to throw myself on the bed to hide my ugly head under my pillow. The world felt like it was ending and I'd never be able to leave the house again.
As I grew older, this stopped happening. If I got a bad haircut, I got a bad haircut. It was what it was and I just went with it. But that isn't the case today!
I went in for a "trim" at a local beauty shop here in Rowlett after work today- I have some wicked crazy split ends lately and although I have been working at growing out my hair, I knew getting them cut off was the responsible thing to do. I asked the lady to trim 2 inches off. (This would leave my hair just slightly above my chest.) When she took off my smock and I looked at the floor, I saw that the lady had cut off around 5 1/2 inches of my hair. It now is shoulder length and I hate it! I feel like a boy. I need a bag to wear over my head.

2 comments:

Sonia @ My Sweet Monkey said...

i would have told her that i wasn't paying.. she didn't do what you ask.

Kristi said...

I actually LOVE your hair short so I know it doesn't look bad! And you would only look like a boy if you had your hair buzzed like GI Jane! You're a beauty, don't sweat it, it will grow back. You still have enough to put in a ponytail if you so wish. To me, if you can put it in a ponytail then it's all good sista! :)