Sunday, October 17, 2010

Texas State Fair 2010

This year Fried Frito Pie was the winning food at the Texas State Fair.
Unfortunately, it was not a winner for Matt's taste buds.
A very disappointed face followed this bite.
After trying out the fried food, we headed straight over to the midway to find more fried foods and to ride a few rides.
It was here that I realized that my body is not as young as it once was.
Perhaps I was just weak from the lack of food I was able to find to eat at the fair, but as far as I can tell...I am just plain old.
The ride below was the first ride we agreed to go on with a co-worker's daughter and sister.
It looks harmless while it's not moving...but once it starts it's very harmful.
When I got off, I had lost the nail polish on one foot, had a bruise the size of a silver dollar on my thigh, a bruised shoulder, and the bruise below on my elbow which became very swollen as the night went on.
After that, I decided that my place was with my friend, the stroller, and her other baby Trinity. Isn't she just so beautiful?!
Alas in the middle of everyone feasting on fried snickers, fried honey buns, turkey legs, and fried cheese on a stick, I found a chocolate covered banana.
While Chocolate is definitely not vegan and definitely a food allergy for me...I was ready to take what I could get and eat that sucker. However, it wasn't as good as the bananas always looked on 'Arrested Development' in the Bluth family banana stand and I had to throw it away after a few bites.
Fruit + Chocolate = GROSS!
Tired, bruised, and in the midst of a full on food allergy attack; we headed out... but not before stopping by the animals so that I could feed the ostriches and Matt could feed everything else.
It was great getting out to the fair again. We missed going last year for the first time in many years and I feel we definitely made up for it this time.

No comments: