Thursday, October 7, 2010

Charity Auction

This year I am not participating in my work's charity campaign for several reasons, but the biggest one is that my company spends more money on luxuries than it does on the benefits for their employees. Thanks for nothing Encana! (I had to get the word out there somewhere)
However, Matt's company is not like that, so when I was asked to bake something to be auctioned off in an auction there, I happily obliged.

After work yesterday I ran to the store to pick up some non-vegan food to begin creating my masterpieces.

I was shocked to find that the eggs I purchased had little breast cancer logos on each of them! How gross, yet perfect is that? I didn't know they could do that.
When I got home, I began baking cupcakes in my giant cupcake pan, making little pink ribbon chocolates, and simmering cream on the stove to begin the long, tedious process of making my ganache.
And to my amazement, it all went completely well and I was even able to watch 'Modern Family' and 'The Middle' while I did it all. I felt like a super chef!
Below are my creations! I hope they sell!


No comments: