Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Random Summer Happenings...

At the beginning of the summer I got a craving for french macaroons. Had I had one before? No. Had I ever seen one? Not that I knew of. Did I even know what I was craving was called? No again. Thank heavens for Google- with it's aid I eventually figured out what taste I was wanting and located these little healthy gems at Central Market.
Yes that price tag does say $7.74 and they were worth every penny. I ate the entire container before we had pulled out of the parking lot.

Later on in the Summer, I got a craving for pot pie.
What sucks about pot pie is that it's so fattening and full of unfriendly animal products....SO I created my own vegan pot pie and it was delicious and low fat! I had to take a picture it was so pretty.

I also broke out the Crème brûlée torch finally and with Matt (and Martha Stewart's) assistance made the world's best chocolate Crème brûlée....or so Matt says.

On a very rainy day, Matt and I went over to Central Market again to buy some exotic fruit (that's my new thing) and were lucky enough to see a double rainbow! Matt took this video, but it's doesn't do it any justice.


And finally, one night we stayed in a hotel with this written on the toilet which made me laugh and gag a little.


That's all for now....

No comments: