Sunday, September 6, 2009

Our Asian Adventure

This weekend we stopped off at the Asia World Market to see what was inside!
It turned out to be a great decision because we found so much to see and enjoy!
The first thing I spotted was a crêpe store run by the cutest Japanese man I've ever seen. I was super excited to get a crêpe and it seemed like the little man inside was just as happy to make one for us! After greeting each other with a traditional bow, we talked all about the places we have been and he taught us a little bit about his culture. I enjoyed it so much that I want to go back every day to see this guy...and to get more crêpes...I'm a freaking crêpe junkie.(I know I look really sick here, but allergy season is upon us and this is how I'll look until I get to the doctor)
While we ate our crêpes we walked around the grocery store that was located inside of this mall. This proved to be a little difficult since there wasn't much written in english...BUT we did recognize a few of our favorite items and took them home to enjoy.
Our Loot: Matt's mushroom bowl, some canned jackfruit, a Filipino root beer, and some buns!Matt downing his Milo.And the best find of all: A giant bottle of vinegar with peppers, onions, and garlic (this stuff is FOUL); just like he ate in the Philippines. Lapu Lapu is even on the bottle which excited Matt even more.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I'm glad y'all can do fun things like this together. :) Asian World Market...who knew they would sell crepes there? Not me! I thought crepes were French.