Saturday, February 7, 2009

Friday Night Dessert and Entertainment

Friday night we decided to go out around 9pm for a nice, quiet dessert at The Purple Cow.
Matt got his typical concoction of chocolate and peanut butter in a shake form.
And I got my usual Cherry Soda, which is basically all foam and club soda and never enough because it's just so darn good!
We were having a lovely time sitting at the bar sipping our treats and visiting until THIS group showed up!
10 little girls. All the age of 9 or 10. All dolled up for what we overheard was a "White Princess" ball or pageant of some sort.
And with these "princesses": 10 daddies dressed up in ties as their dates.
Cute? I think NOT.
Within minutes of them arriving, the fathers began getting liquored up (whatever helps them get through the night, I guess) and the "princesses" began raking havoc on the entire restaurant by writing notes on the tables in mustard, pulling hair, and mouthing off to each other.
Some princesses!
We got out of there as fast as we could.

Next we went to Target where Matt and I found some puppets and entertained ourselves for a good while.
Matt taught a lesson on staying away from pedophiles with his puppets.
The bug eyed monster on the left advised me on what kind of dodgy people to look out for, whilst the shark on the right acted out scenarios of pedophile behaviors.
My puppet taught a lesson on taking care of your teeth.
In the end though, the only lesson Matt and I learned was that we need to get a life.

5 comments:

Sonia @ My Sweet Monkey said...

y'all are so dang cute!

Eldredge's said...

Yumm I like the Purple Cow. The best dates are the cheap ones.

The Ketchup Queen said...

OMG! I was just talking about the purple cow to my cousin last night! crazy!

Rethsey said...

Ymmmmmm purple cow. Oh how I miss Dallas!

Kristi said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA y'all are funny. Some day when you have loads of children you will wish you had time to wander around Target playing with puppets for fun. Purple Cow, I miss that place! We need to go there soon!