Sunday, May 25, 2008

Back from Europe!

Matt and I returned from our second trip to Europe last week. This time we went to Germany and Austria to see some history, sing Sound of Music songs, and find pretzels bigger than our heads. Luckily we did all 3...plus a little more!

This trip definitely wasn't as magical as our honeymoon in Italy due to it being a totally different atmosphere, but it still made for a lovely 1st anniversary trip.
I know a lot of people are perfectly happy with never leaving the states and have no desire to see other countries, but I've got to say that those people are totally missing out. There is a side of me that I never see except for when I'm put into a place where everything is completely different, old, and in a totally foreign language. I love this side of myself! It's an daring side and I find my becoming so much more resourceful and so much better at rolling with the punches to get what we need accomplished. Of course it helps that Matt lived in Europe as a teenager and is familiar with some things, but we still have lots of fun together trying to figure out what people are saying to us and where we are supposed to go.

I'm already anticipating our next trip back!









1 comment:

Kristi said...

You're funny. I am glad you are a world-travelin kind of gal while I myself prefer to stay right here where I am most comfortable. It's funny how oppsite we are. But opposites attract...which I guess is good since we're sistas and you'll never get rid of me!